We use digital X-ray technology in our dental office. This is the next step in development for traditional analog systems.
Depending on the diagnostic needs, a single tooth image, panoramic image or 3D image can be taken. Panoramic images show all of the patient’s teeth, bones of the jaws and temporomandibular joints. All these structures are visualized with just one picture taken by a x-ray apparatus which rotates around your head. The panoramic image provides a general view of the most important structures of the mouth. It also provides information on wisdom teeth and inflammation processes that may be present in the jaw.
The advantages of digital radiography:
- Digital X-ray has a higher resolution than analog films. Images can be enlarged or processed i.e. contrast and sharpness can be optimized.
- Digital X-ray uses a smaller dose than the analog version. Compared to analog methods, the radiation load is definitely smaller.
- Images are immediately available and do not have to be processed prior to viewing.
- Since our office is digitally linked with the X-ray lab, we immediately obtain your images in every room.
- If necessary, the images can be sent via e-mail to other specialists for a second opinion or to other colleagues who are part of the treatment process.
- Digital X-rays are friendly for the environment, for example, no chemicals are required in the process of obtaining the image.
Our X-ray machine has a special feature which lets us capture high-resolution three-dimensional images of the teeth and jaws. The main advantage of 3D X-rays is that the images can provide more diagnostic information than conventional analog images.
This proves to be a great advantage during implant planning, assessment of wisdom teeth and during endodontic treatment.
The advantages of digital 3D X-ray:
- We can obtain a more detailed picture of the anatomical conditions, since the structures of the body are also represented in depth. This way, the exact width of the jaw bone can be seen or the spatial course of an important nerve path can be assessed and protected accordingly.
- This enables precise treatment planning and as a result the procedures are gentler and safer.
- The 3D images performed with our device require a smaller radiation dose, than images taken with CTs and have a higher degree of detail.